How to Play Rummy Online?
Rummy has been an all-time favourite classic card game for several decades now. With this card game going online, its popularity has increased even more – you don’t have to wait for your friends or family members to join you for a game. You can find players at all times to give you company in this online card game. If you are new to playing this game, this article serves as a guide to help you understand how to play Rummy online.
Rummy Game Rules
The aim of the game is to meld the cards that you are originally dealt with into two kinds of combinations:
- Sequences: Successive sequences of 3 or more cards belonging to the same suit
- Sets: 3 or 4 cards belonging to the same rank but different suit
Each player will get his turn to play during which he can either pick the card discarded by the previous player or draw a card from the center pile. The first player to arrange all the cards into these combinations wins the game.
Here’s how to play Rummy game online by following the player rules and card rules:
Rummy Player Rules
Each player is dealt with a specific number of cards depending on the number of players in the game. After dealing out the cards, the dealer places the deck face-down on the table as the pile with one card placed face-up next to the pile to start the game. The player who is seated to the dealer’s left starts the game.
- The first player begins playing by picking the card that is placed face-up or by drawing a card from the pile. He should also discard a card that he doesn’t need. Once he discards a card, the next player gets his turn and this continues.
- In this process, each player tries to arrange his cards into sequences and sets. Players can also use Joker or a wild card to form impure sequences and sets.
The game goes on this way until a player melds all the cards into valid sequences and sets and declares it.
Rummy Card Rules
The card rules that you have to keep in mind while playing Rummy are listed below:
- There are two kinds of sequences that you can form: Pure Sequence and Impure Sequence.
- Pure Sequence: This is a group of 3 or more successive cards belonging to the same suit. You cannot use a Joker or wild card in this sequence. Example: 4♥ 5♥ 6♥
- Impure Sequence: This is a group of 3 or more successive cards belonging to the same suit. You can use one or more Joker cards or wild cards in an impure sequence. Example: 7♦ 8♦ 2♠ 10♦ (in this sequence, 2♠ has been used as a wild card joker to replace 9♦); 3♠ 4♥ 5♠ PJ (in this sequence, 4♥ has been used as a wild card joker to replace 4♠ and Printed Joker is used to replace 6♠)
- You can form sets using a group of 3 or more cards with the same value but different suits. You can use Jokers and wild cards in sets as well.
Is It legal To Play Rummy Game in India?
It is completely legal to play Rummy online real money since this is a game of skill that is protected by the Indian Constitution. In the year 1968, the Supreme Court clearly mentioned that Rummy is a game of skill. However, a few states, including Telangana, Odisha and Assam don’t allow to play the game for real money.
Where to Play Rummy Online?
There are several legal online casino portals that allow players to play the Rummy game for free or real money. However, you need to be careful to choose a genuine website that has all the security encryptions in place and is authorised by relevant authorities. You can find the top online Rummy sites listed on LuckyCasinoIndia.com. Now that you know how to play Rummy and where to play Rummy online real money, go ahead and enjoy the game.