Indian Dice Game - Indian Dice Game Rules and History
Indian Dice games are believed largely to have originated in India. Indian Dice is mentioned in our Rig Veda, and also in the Buddha Game Listings; a list of games Great Buddha himself said he would not play. The oldest written reference of a dice game in India can be found in the Atharva Veda which is a known copy carbon date to around 1300 BC. There have been other Passa Indian Dice archaeological discoveries as well. Perhaps even the oldest references to dice were included in both of India’s most ancient Sanskrit epics the Ramayana and the Mahabharata.
In the Ramayana, trees losing their fruits are compared with a defeated dice gambler who has lost his shirt. The core story of The Mahabharata has a king who gambles away his wealth and kingdom before eventually gambling his brother, himself, and his wife into servitude. Indian Dice was a game in ancient Indian times where fortunes won and lost. Today, it’s merely a fun pastime offered in selected casinos including Casino Royale in Goa.
Today the best known Indian dice games in India are Passa and India Dice, the later referred to by those outside India as “Indian Dice” or “The Dice Game”.To cope with up the history of India in gambling, before explaining these games further, neither Passa nor Indian Dice is likely to have been the game that Yudhisthira played against Kauravas for the northern kingdom of Hastinapura. It is far more likely they played the game as mentioned in Rig-Veda X-34-13 which was a game played with about 150 nuts from a tree called Vibhitaka. However, Indians do have the dice available to do so, as they were the inventors of modern dice, with copies having turned up from 3000 BC.
With the history of dice in India, we just covered let’s look at how each of the two Indian dice games is played.
Please check the following online casino and mobile casinos to play games like Indian Dice Game in India:
Enjoy the VIP-treatment. At Royal Panda, you’ll find it all.
₹ 500 minimum deposit
Real Rewards with fast and secured withdrawal!
Regular Reload Bonus
Enjoy Weekend Reload Bonuses with India’s Famous Table games!
Enjoy the beauty of playing with flexibility.
Enjoy a flying start from day one with Welcome Bonus.
Best Payment options for the Indian Players
Asia’s leading online betting site.
Try your luck where fortune favours the bold.
Welcome to a new way of getting entertained
India Focused Casino
Best variety of promotions and unlimited cash back.
Indian Dice Player Rules
- Every single player places a bet on either Haare (losing) or jeetae (winning).
- Once the bets are understood and placed a special set of dice are rolled until the winner is determined.
- The dice about which we are talking about are usually rectangular in shape and use only numbers 1, 3, 4 and 6. Both dice are rolled together.
- If the outcome has none of the pair, the dice are rolled again. Right after a pair of dice is furled the outcome is decided.
- A pair of 4’s or 6’s are winning bets.
- A couple of 1’s or 3’s are Haare (losing) bets.
- Overall it’s rather a simple game similar to heads or tails, but more fun because dice are involved in it.
- Another game that has grown much more popular than India Dice is known as “Passa”.
- This game uses standard dice; 1s are wild, so 2’s are low, and 6’s are high.
- The object of the game is to make the highest number of matches as possible.
- 5 of a kind is the best hand, 4 of a kind is the second best, as followed by a full house, trips, two pair and one pair.
- It’s basically similar to poker game except there are no straights or flushes in it.
How to Play Indian Dice Game
How the game is played is rather simple, Every single player places a bet on either Haare (losing) or jeetae (winning). Once the bets are understood and placed a special set of dice are rolled until the winner is determined. The dice about which we are talking about are usually rectangular in shape and use only numbers 1, 3, 4 and 6. Both dice are rolled together. If the outcome has none of the pairs, the dice are rolled again. Right after a pair of dice is furled the outcome is decided. A pair of 4’s or 6’s are winning bets. A couple of 1’s or 3’s are winning Jeete bets. Overall it’s rather a simple game similar to heads or tails, but more fun because dice are involved in it.
Best online Indian dice game for real money
- Extra Cash Dice Games
- Tumbling Dice
- Dice is Nice
- Other Similar Dice Games
- Extra Cash Final Verdict